Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Ridiculous RunDown of the Next Two Months


It's both boring and senseless to sum up one's itinerary on a blog. No one reads it. But I have to share this with someone, so here it is.

A Weekend in Madrid
I leave Friday 5 June at half midnight (say the Scotts, I've found) for the capital, to spend all of Friday, Saturday, and half of Sunday there. This will involve seeing the famous Reina Sofia Gallery and the royal palace, but also hanging out with Jordan (with whom I went to Cadiz), Alejandra, Tatyana (fellow Erasmus girls), and Felix (LMU student living with his family in Spain at the moment). I meet my mother at 13:oo at Barajas International airport...and she and I are set to do the following.

Toledo, Burgos, SanSe
On the way back to "my city" SanSe, we will see Toledo, the Medieval capital of Spain, and Burgos, a not-so-fancy city only famous for its famous cathedral. We spend Monday June 8 through Wednesday June 10 in SanSe, and.,.

A Night in a Palace, the Pyrenees, Lourdes
...leave for Parador de Olite on the morning of June 11. In case you didn't read my last posts (shame on you), it's a PALACE. We're spending a night in a PALACE. Then we drive north through the Pyrenees, spending a night in a cute Basque homestead of our choice, and arrive in Lourdes, staying one night and leaving Sunday morning.

The Northwest Spanish Coast
From SanSe again, after Lourdes, we'll take a train so Santander, and from there to the so-called most picturesque village in Spain, Santanilla del Mar, which I've heard has become one hound of a tourist trap, and eventually work our way back to Bilbao on the 17th. The 18th, mom leaves for Amsterdam and for home, and I head back to SanSe, to bid farewell to my lovely city, pack, and jet off even further away. I have a 12-hour layover in Budapest, during which I will see this mysterious city, and then I arrive at 3:00am in...

Beirut
the capital of Lebanon. Six intensive weeks of Arabic (SINARC), trips to the cedars and the north. We'll be staying away from the south, which is, well, slightly peligroso at the moment, due to recent Israeli missiles. This will be the defining six weeks of my life so far, I have no doubt. Whatever that means. More on these feelings later. After Beirut, I spend two sparkling nights in...

London
the city of my dreams, capital of poets and wit and sexy accents and gingers. Then I bid extranjero-dom goodbye, and return to LAX, on, are you reading this, Molly?, AUGUST 4. That means exactly two months until I'm home. I'm in no hurry, at this point.

Feeling very free. Finished my last and most difficult final today, and I'm now a college senior. I'm feeling ready for a fresh start. Whateve roller coaster is coming for me, I'm feeling ready to ride it. Bring it on.

4 comments:

  1. I read! And I really hope you keep writing, because I love following all your stories. I'm so jalous of you that you will see more of europe than I have ever seen! Have fun doing it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wrong, lots of readers. See ya in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! you have a family here in Irvine that reads these blogs!! We miss you and when you get home only a few more days until your birthday and we have to do something to celebrate not only your b-day but that you come home safe!!!!
    Lots of Love <3
    -Sissy and Smelly (HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suddenly realized I should assure you I am reading this. And by this point it is now...12 days till you get home!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete