Thursday, June 11, 2009

Madrid/Mom

Just a quick check in. That's all I seem to have time for. I had a great weekend with King Jordan of Madrid (with whom I went to Cadiz), Tatyana and Alejandra from SanSe, Felix from LMU (who is randomly living in Madrid this summer), and new friends from Quebec who were staying at our all-girls hostel, Kathrin and Jessica from Vancouver.
We did mostly everything: the Royal Palace, the Prado, Reina Sofia Gallery, a night of sangria and kebobs. We didn't stay out all night partying. But I think that may just have been a good idea in the end, seeing as I needed my energy for greeting my mom at the airport on Monday.
She looks GREAT. The air is different in Spain with her here...more comfortable. I feel less like a struggling student and more like a carefree tourist. I will enjoy this two-week vacation.
We are leaving SanSe this morning for Parador de Olite (previous blogs) and a weekend in the Pyrenees.

Feelings: though more at ease, also exhausted, confused, depressed. Begging that this period of my life will never end, knowing that it will. Well, that's life.

You are in my thoughts. Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment