Saturday, March 7, 2009

Favorite carnaval pics

When these girls shook their hips all the straws attached to their ridiculous costumes shimmied in every direction. It was kind of mesmerizing, but also hilarious.
















This is Jesus (who gets cable...he's equipped with a radio tower), who peacefully watches and protects the partying city from the top of Monte Urgull. I visit him on Sundays.
















These fellas reminded me of the first naked bike rider I ever saw (earlier in the month...see previous blogs), except they were enunciating their nakedness. I got my camera out too late, but their fronts sported fake black hair and...parts...everywhere you would expect.
This is me eating chocolate con churros. Quite obviously I was in heaven. I DID have a special occasion to eat them--Hannah in Spain--but won't require one in the future.


Lastly, the man below wins the prize for best carnaval costume (and highest self-esteem) overall...the snow queen from Narnia. He was having a great time.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so awesome, man! My favorite line: "It was kind of mesmerizing, but also hilarious." And that's cool that Jesus gets cable. What else will he do up there en el monte?

    ReplyDelete